Thursday, September 13, 2007

The LUCK!

Well, our first batch of luck started on Joel's birthday when he won Boise State football tickets to go see their season opener against Weber State....look below for pictures of that day.....HOWEVER, THE LUCK DIDN'T STOP THERE!!
When we got home from vacation, Joel received a phone call, telling him that he was selected from a drawing he entered about a month ago for a new Traeger Grill. The contest was sponsored by Papa Murphy's, and when they called him, we both thought it was probably some catchy way to trick us....
Turns out, it was the REAL DEAL! He had to fill out some paper work and get things officiated through a bank because we will have to pay gift taxes on it next year....who knew, that Joel would win something so awesome and cool. May I add that this grill (seen below) retails at $699.99! NO JOKE! It is the Lil' Texan Traeger Grill....it bbq's and smokes. Needless to say the two days following our new gift, we bbq some of the most amazing steaks ever! We had some friends over to celebrate with us, and they brought fish, ribs and duck to contribute to the tasteful feast! (it a lot bigger than what the pictures seem to show)


Another thing that happened to us within the same week....I had entered one of those dumb fitness drawings where you can win a gym membership up to year free one day at Papa Murphy's....I knew that I would probably get a free pass for two weeks or something if I entered, but I figured it was motivation for me to go to this specific gym and check it out.... So I got the phone call to come down and draw something, take a tour, and become a member...and knowing that I had the time, I went over there.
The gym is very very small and quiet, just what I like.....(it's name is ANYTIME FITNESS)... well after getting the tour the "manager" started giving me the sales pitch to sign a year contract.....he was quite a jerk and I was about to leave because he was so pushy and rude, but then I told him I wanted to draw to see if I could just win a membership. When I said that he was like, "oh okay....lets see if you get anything....By the way, there are 95 14-day passes, 1 one-month pass, 1 three-month pass, 1 six-month pass, 1 one-year pass, and 1 18-month pass. SO basically you have a 5% chance of getting any of these offers."
I looked in the box to make sure he wasn't lieng to me, and I actually watched him put in all the colored chips that were worth more than a 14-day pass.....so he puts them all in, and then starts to rattle the box around....I put my hand in there, rattle it some more, and then I pull out the SIX-MONTH free membership! Inside my head I was thinking, "hahahahaha sucker! I rule, you drule!" It was pretty sweet!
Joel and I don't want our luck to run out, but are not committed enough to go buy a lottery ticket.....maybe someday.....

8 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

You should buy a ticket...what harm could it do. I've never bought one, so let me know what it's like if you do. The grill is awesome and the gym membership is even better! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

If bad things happen in 3's then good things probly do to. Don't waste your dollar!

Guh said...

karma is finally paying off... now i just have to figure out how to get some of that...

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe it .....and it wasn't even your birthdays! I hope this year continues to be very lucky for you or at least blessed!

Mommer

The Bluths said...

That's awesome luck! I hate how stuff like that only happens in waves though. Who knows, maybe you have some more luck around the corner!

the milners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the milners said...

I want some luck! So I've been looking at my couch (where you sat while you were here) and hoping that some of your luck rubbed off before you left...but then I get all grossed out because that would mean it had rubbed off your bum-bum!!! And I don't want it THAT much!

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, that is awesome luck! The grill looks fantastic - can we come over for steaks? And cool with the 6 month membership to the gym!