Here are two more pages that I created. Some have asked how I do it...it really isn't a secret, so I guess I will share it with you.
I put in my google browser: free digital scrapbooking downloads
It pull up a lot of different results. I browse through a lot of them and download any of the free kits that catch my eye. Once I have the kits downloaded, I can do anything I want with them.
Then, using Photoshop, I begin to create my masterpieces. You can google layout ideas also, which is helpful if you lack some creativity to get started....I however have been using a book I purchased long ago called Cherish. It is a book with precise descriptions of different layouts. I used to sell scrapbooking supplies, so I have a lot of resources to fall back on if needs be.
Once I have the pages done, then I will shop around online to find the best deal on a 12x12 bound book...I will upload the pictures to the book, and then send it to the printer. It is as easy as that....and although the books may run $30-$40 each, it is still cheaper than going out and buying all the scrapbooking supplies from a store.
I am not really concerned about loosing steam while making Calvin's books, because I have a passion for creating and doing digital editing like this, so I can see myself sticking with it for a while...afterall, those who love to quilt and have a passion for it, usually never stop quilting....right?
I put in my google browser: free digital scrapbooking downloads
It pull up a lot of different results. I browse through a lot of them and download any of the free kits that catch my eye. Once I have the kits downloaded, I can do anything I want with them.
Then, using Photoshop, I begin to create my masterpieces. You can google layout ideas also, which is helpful if you lack some creativity to get started....I however have been using a book I purchased long ago called Cherish. It is a book with precise descriptions of different layouts. I used to sell scrapbooking supplies, so I have a lot of resources to fall back on if needs be.
Once I have the pages done, then I will shop around online to find the best deal on a 12x12 bound book...I will upload the pictures to the book, and then send it to the printer. It is as easy as that....and although the books may run $30-$40 each, it is still cheaper than going out and buying all the scrapbooking supplies from a store.
I am not really concerned about loosing steam while making Calvin's books, because I have a passion for creating and doing digital editing like this, so I can see myself sticking with it for a while...afterall, those who love to quilt and have a passion for it, usually never stop quilting....right?



3 comments:
So cute pages! Good luck with the move!
I know digital scrapbooking isn't a big secret...but it was to me! Thanks for giving me step-by-step instructions...
Do you know if you can scan (non-digital) pictures and upload them for the pages? I'm sure you can...but again, it's a mystery to me!
oh i love them!! and i love that trev and i are on one of the pages! i love them!
Awesome, awesome! I think I'm going to start doing the same thing. Thanks for all the tips!!!
Post a Comment